Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Just A Brief Separation ~


Just A Brief Separation
A Comforting Thought

When God calls our loved ones home to be with Him our everyday seems so strange and all the familiar has been taken away.  We miss the everyday simple joys such as  phone calls like (what's for supper) or (what are you doing)  the unexpected hugs and unexpected surprises.  Thomas was always  surprising me with gifts of the simplest nature.  Simple gifts like stopping on the side of a country road and bringing me a fresh bouquet of dogwood blooms or wild daffodil's.  Sometimes he would even stop at yard sales and bring me  perfume.  

Pastor Arthur Pink of the nineteenth century says when our loved ones have departed this life we should rejoice to the fact they were chosen and  highly favored of heaven, an elect regenerated, redeemed soul trusting the merits and righteousness of Christ's finished work for their acceptance with God.  He said "think not only of yourself and your loss but think of their gain and heaven's gain of what your loved one is experiencing at this very moment".   Rejoicing in the fact they will never suffer again or endure the trials of this earthly life.  If you could ..... would you call them back from heaven to earth to this pitiful life?   We have the blessed hope and assurance we have not parted to meet no more!    This departure here is not good-bye but just good-night.

 Only for a brief season will we be separated, it twill be "just a brief separation".    And before long we too will rejoin them where partings will be no more.  We will be united again not for just a short time but for eternity.  May God's grace  gently lead and teach us  to set our affections on things above not upon things of earth (Col. 3:2).  For where our treasures are there will our hearts be also.  

May God remind us from time to time all His gifts and mercies are temporal and we should hold to them lightly as they are only on loan to us but for a season.   We do not know when God will  choose to recall them.


Just A Brief Separation

Dear Lord, since it is your sentence
that I should part, with the most
precious treasure of my heart

I know I've done nothing to
deserve my perfect home above
It was freely given through 
the grace and merits of your Son's love

I give you thanks for the
gift of  all  creation
and thanks for
reminding me also death
is just a brief separation

I pray dear Lord
let not grief consume my earthly cares
or heavily  weigh down upon me so. . .
It will only be a distant memory
When at Home at last I go.

**
Our greatest enemy is not disease __   it's despair
        Our greatest friend is __ hope 


~ ~ ~
My residential address is here on earth
My home address is heaven ~
Ruth Bell Graham





No comments:

Post a Comment