Saturday, June 6, 2015

Father's Day Tribute


CELESTIAL  REUNION
written Father's Day
June 16, 2013

It seems just like today
you quietly slipped away
I've cried until there are
no tears left
But when I think of the
fullness and joy of 
your life and how very
happy you must now be
I can smile through my
tears
Awaiting that glorious day,
when we will see each other again

I rejoice knowing that all your
sorrows, trials and hurts
are all behind you and 
thinking just maybe you
have a front row seat
In heaven . . . .

Thomas, your life taught me so much,
So many times you looked at me and
said "I don't deserve you -
you are God's gift to me"
The truth is I felt the same thing
that is . . . I didn't deserve you
I had always heard about the love of Christ
but never truly saw him until I married you....

You showed me everyday in every way
the love of a child of God, I saw the Lord
living, laughing, loving, walking, talking
through your everyday life
. . .God has now given me time
to realize that you never knew
 how very special you were
and....as they say 
"God only calls home the very best"       
and promises to all his children 
a  joyous 
Celestial Reunion

I grieve your physical presence,
 spiritual wisdom and aura,
your gentleness and kindness
 but I do not sorrow
for God has promised us in his word.....
that one day we will know, even 
as we are known . . . .
and  to live is Christ and to
die is gain 

I do believe that one day
there will be a
Celestial Reunion
where we will meet again
and.....
so shall we be forever 
with the Lord.

So until then.......
not good-by
just a simple good-night

until then ~

L / Dola  




  

No comments:

Post a Comment