Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wasting Our Waiting



WASTING  OUR  WAITING
Help us Lord not to spend the remainder of our earthly days longing
for our Heavenly Ones 

Wasting The Waiting
In Touch Magazine
by Dallas Hazelrig

Dallas shares when he was in college he was living in a perpetual state of waiting - waiting
to graduate - to get a job - to get married - finding a place to live etc. He lived in a contiunal state
of waiting.  He said "as Christians we are tempted to do the same with our faith, we spend our
every awakening moment and days upon earth longing for our heavenly ones".   

Tania Runyan of In Touch Magazine says, "But what's the problem?  As believers shouldn't we view 
death as the good beginning anyway?  If we are not of this world, why should we seize these broken days?"
She then realized one day in her senior year of college while driving home a song came on the radio -
"While I'm Waiting I'll Serve You"  
I'll be running the race  even while I wait I will serve you.  She says  "I began to pray asking God for peace and joy during my waiting process, then when I got home I made a list of the blessings in my life.  I began to make a habit of fighting the restlessness I was experiencing with gratitude (Proverbs 23:7).  The next time I felt that way, I began to remember the things on my list like a sunset, hugs, and flowers.  It wasn't an immediate change, but over time, I began to enjoy the present".  

***
From the time we are born until we are called home so many changes come into our lives, Apostle Paul reminds us we are changed from glory into gloryWe come through one trial after another and even while  we haven't  had time to process the last trial, you're hit again.  While being addled and somewhat incoherent  you ponder on the past.... the would of's - the could of's and should of's and if not careful you get stuck in wasting our waiting. 

 I must confess I struggled with wasting my waiting and ask God for his grace to lead me and help me to embrace and enjoy the present gift of today, this time, this place and to use me where ever I am needed.   I heard a wise lady once say "if you have a pulse then you have a purpose" 

Dodi 

Grant  us grace and strength Lord to press on and embrace the present and
what matter's most for now and eternity ~

No comments:

Post a Comment