Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Gift of Life



 Gift of Life
Thomas Joseph Bivins
1957 - 2011



I am standing upon the seashore
a beautiful ship I witness now has
spread her wings wide to the morning
breeze and starts for the ocean blue.
She is an object of mass, beauty and
strength.  I watch her sail away until
at length she is only like speck of
white cloud just where the sea and cloud
mingle together.  Someone at my side says
"there she is gone!"  Gone where I ask?
Gone from my sight (that is all).  She
will bear her load of living freight to her
destined port.  Her diminished size is only
in me.  When someone says "There she is
Gone"!  I so believe there are other eyes 
watching her coming in and voices saying 
"Look here she comes"

 ___    Henry V. Dyke


This beautiful ship has only left one port to
safely arrive to her final destination to
her appointed port, with our Captain Lord Jesus
watching her, guiding her safely onto the
blessed shore of the eternal banks of 
Heaven.

C.H. Spurgeon

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts and oh so true.

    Love and hugs to you dear Dodi ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete