Friday, August 29, 2014

"Love Lifted Me "

There used to be a  t.v. game show called "whammy or double whammy".  In the real world called life we early learn life is not a game show and we don't receive big prizes.  Double Whammy in the real world  is when life takes on  grief, heartache and pain un-imaginable to the human soul.  It is when in life as the Psalmist says..........
"Deep Calls Unto Deep- Palms 42:17"  This is when the deep floods of anguish, agony comes upon us and we are in the deepest of the deep.  
Webster's Dictionary defines deep as >  extending far downward, extremely grave and serious.  Have you ever been there?  When there is no way-out,  no- way over,  no- way under and no-way around,  there is absolutely zero-way of escape, the only answer is "through" .This is when "Deep Calls unto Deep"  calling unto the one who is deeper than any depth we have ever known or experienced.  Our total refuges, crutches and props have all been removed and as we are sinking we helplessly look up and say "you, oh' Lord are all that I have, it must be you alone who will lift me up out of this deep and bring me out.

Our busyness or denial will never lift us out of our  deep.   We then look up and say Lord, if you will,  please blow upon my life for your glory, I no longer want to just exist or dishonor your person and may I forever be careful to always look to you and thank-you. 

I can honestly say - I have been in the deep of deeps many times in my life, in foster care at the age of 19 months, just turned five years old when my mother died of cancer at the age of 34 leaving 7 children to be given out to families and adoption agency.   My foster Aunt died when I was thirteen yrs. old  and in addition I had two step mothers and lived in much distraught- ness and confusion.  I heard much about who Christ was in s.s. school, but saw very little of him in childhood.  God in his goodness and mercy did place a few wonderful role models in my early years,  but they were not in my homelife.
There were many times through out my young life there was no place to look but Up.   I can sing with heart the old hymn which goes "I was sinking deep within far from the peaceful shore, very deeply stained within sinking to rise no more, but the Master of the Sea heard my despairing cry and from the water's lifted me now safe am I....."Love Lifted Me"    when nothing else could help  "Love Lifted Me".

"Love Lifted Me"  out of my deep and planted my feet upon the rock of un- shifting sands.  The God of all Grace sent Tom to me .  He didn't so much tell me about the love of Christ but showed me everyday in everyway  I saw Christ in his everyday life of love and care and outreach to others.

In the movie "The Hiding Place", it was Betsie Ten Boone, who would say that nothing is too deep that God is not deeper still".   Betsie died in the Holocaust, her sister Corrie Ten Boone survived  and lived victorious after her release- because those words of Christ and her sister instilled in her soul  "Nothing is Too Deep"..

Nothing is too deep, not the greatest pain, the greatest loss, the greatest sorrow, not the greatest debt, or greatest family problem,  nothing can overshadow Him,  He is the one who overshadows.

May God's love and grace forever continuely remind us "God's Love is always deeper than our deepest   deep.   And as we live upon the shifting sands and shaky foundations of life, when we begin to sink.... look to Him, and his love and remember -  "When Nothing Else Could Help-  it is then ......
His love will lift us up and bring us out of our deepest deep.


**
The deeper sorrow carves into our soul,
the more joy you can contain.  K. Gibran
 

1 comment:

  1. Heeey, Dodi! Enjoyed your testimony! God IS a GREAT GOD! "When my mother & father reject me, the Lord will take me up". God gave me that verse "early-on" in my salvation process - because I, too, was rejected - even though we may not be "willing" rejected by our parents/friends/the world, still rejection is there - (I WAS rejected by my parents!) - GOD TAKES US UP! HALLELUJAH! ....... pls. call me, Dodi! Wanted to invite you to our Sun. "pot-luck"! :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete